Specialized Rock sound with 10 lugs
Type-R's wood shell delivers the power of a metal drum – with great projection and crispness.
In today’s rock drum sound, role of the snare drum can be seen like the engine in a car – to move the music forward, and to provide a definitive backbeat for the band.
Canopus applied an extremely accurate bearing edge to an 8mm American Maple shell to bring out the maximum power and projection. They have also applied acrylic lacquer to make the sound more solid.
By making it with 10 lugs, Canopus managed to produce a shorter shell vibration – giving a tight, sharp sound.
Moreover, they used Red Lock (CLT-4), to ensure that the tension bolts do not loosen.
This snare drum is available in a variety of finishes, so please get in touch to know more. Please note that some of the pictured finishes may not be currently available.
- Lugs: Black Nickel-Plated or Chrome-Plated Solid Tube Lugs
- Depths Available: 5.5" and 6.5"
- Shell: 8mm 10-ply American Maple
- Hoops: Die Cast / 10 Tension
- Head: ASPR Black Coated (Japanese Made)
- Snare Wires: Back Beat Snare Wire [CPSS-BB14DR]
- Finishes: Corona Metallic Lacquer, Galaxy Metallic Lacquer and Lush Metallic Lacquer
Check out our entire Canopus Snare Drum selection here.
For more information click here.
Rubix Drums are the proud Distributors of Canopus Drums, Hardware & Accessories in the UK.
Worldwide Shipping Available.