Here we have a legendary Signature Series Drum Kit. Every part of these drum kits was made uncompromisingly. This series was a breakthrough moment in the manufacturing of drums. Created by the experts at Sonor and bearing the signature and personal endorsement of Horst Link.
The Signature Shell
The deep 12-ply shells are the core of the Signature sound. Due to this careful construction, every shell has a high flectional strength. Signature drums have extra deep shells, ensuring a perfectly balanced sound volume and projection.
The Signature Sound
The construction of the Signature Series drum shells is different than that of conventional drums. The 12-ply shells are formed tension free from selected woods. Tension free means that the single plies for a solid sound unity, thus allowing the drum head an optimum of vibration. All signature series drums were available in two versions, giving the drummer a choice of two Signature sounds: Heavy or Lite.
The Signature Finish
The inner and outer plies of a drum also have an influence on the sound. Because of their special structure and their outstanding acoustic properties, Sonor chose African Bubinga (offered here) and Indonesian Makassar Ebony. Firmly joined to the basic plies, they contribute to the balanced sound of the Signature Series.
These drum kits are extremely rare, especially to find one in such great sizes and condition. The Veneer on this kit is up there with the finest examples we have seen! The Signature series represents a very special part of drum making history and these drums sound thunderous!
Original Sonor Signature Store Display Head
The kit comes with the original display head developed by Sonor for drum stores to fit on to the kits whilst on display at the shops. This is a lovely addition to this kit, and they are extremely rare to come by especially in A1 condition.
- Sonor Signature Beech Shell (12 ply)
- Finished in African Bubinga (RH) Inner and Outer Plies
- HLG18 - 18 x 14 Bass Drum (Heavy Shell)
- HLT08 - 08 x 08 Tom (Lite Shell)
- HLT10 - 10x10 Tom (Lite Shell)
- HLT12 - 12 x 12 Tom (Lite Shell)
- HLT14 - 14 x 14 Tom (Heavy Shell)
- HLFT16 - 16 x 18 Floor Tom (Heavy Shell)
- Bass drum fitted with Twin Muffler System
- Ferro Manganesse Seamless Hoops On All Toms
- Snap Lock Tension Screws
- Prism Clamp Bass Drum Spurs
- Everything on this kit (with the exception of batter heads and bass drum rest head) is original
- Made In Germany Circa 1988/1990
- Double Tom Holder, Single Tom Holder & 3 Floor Tom Legs Included
- PreLoved - Condition 9/10 - This kit is in exceptional condition, the shells are in really good condition, this set will not disappoint a collector or player, This kit was previously owned by a professional drummer but has been extremely well looked after.