Double capsule for twice the kick
Dual-element kick drum microphone with switchable sound characteristics. Suitable for all bass-heavy applications.
Thanks to its Dual-Element Technology and fine-tuned frequency responses, the DTP 640 REX offers unparalleled, powerful sound that will impress drummers and sound engineers alike. The DTP 640 REX is equipped with a high-quality dynamic element and a condenser element – the dynamic element ensures accurate reproduction of the bass drum kick, while the condenser element captures the rich low frequency sound of the drum’s shell. In order to guarantee full control over the two elements, they can be mixed, each using its own channel.
The DTP 640 REX provides 3 sound-shaping modes: "Linear" captures the sound in a natural way. "Dynamic Enhanced Frequency Response" has the dynamic element boosts frequencies between 3 and 5 kHz while the condenser stays neutral. "Dual Enhanced Frequency Response" delivers the ultimate full-bodied sound by having the dynamic element focuses on the 3 and 5 kHz-range while the condenser element focuses on frequencies from 70 to 150 Hz to deliver full body sound. Each element has its output! Combining these features with the comprehensive tonal freedom of Dual-Element Technology opens up a wide range of use, turning the DTP 640 REX into a universal tool for bass-heavy applications.
Massive Sound for your Kick Drum
The DTP 640 REX features an innovative dual element design, that combines a dynamic and a condenser capsule in one housing. Switchable frequency responses make for kick-drum sounds that are rich and intense or flat and neutral. In order to ensure full control over the two elements, each has a dedicated output.
Dual-Element Technology - Dynamic and condenser in one
Lewitt have put two perfectly phase aligned microphones in one housing. This enables you to shape the kick drum sound in unique ways. The dynamic element ensures accurate reproduction of kick drum attack, while the condenser element captures the drum's low end. Each element has a dedicated output.
Enhanced Frequency Response - 3 sound-shaping modes
Dynamic =//= Condenser
Both elements with neutral frequency response.
Dynamic +//= Condenser
Dynamic element boosts frequencies between 3 and 5 kHz, condenser stays neutral.
Dynamic +//+ Condenser
Dynamic for range 3-5 kHz, condenser for frequencies 70-150 Hz to deliver full bodied sound.
- Solid die-cast metal body
- Hardened hexagonal ruthenium-galvanized steel mesh grille
- Integrated stand adapter for quick and easy mounting and positioning
- Types: Dynamic, moving coil and Condenser, permanently polarized
- Acoustic operating principle: Pressure gradient transducer
- Polar pattern: Cardioid
- Frequency range (dynamic): 20 - 16,000 Hz
- Frequency range (condenser): 20 - 20,000 Hz
- Rated impedance dynamic: 500 Ω
- Rated impedance condenser 200 Ω
- Connector: Gold plated 3-pin XLR
- Microphone dimensions: 41 dia. x 94 mm, 1.6 dia. x 3.7 in
- Microphone net weight: 165 g, 5.82 oz
- Included: Microphone Pouch and Y-type dual-XLR Cable