High-end audio fidelity you can trust.
The Genelec 8040B Studio Monitor is a professional-grade 6.5'' active 2-way studio monitor featuring all-aluminium enclosure and a total output power of 180W.
This reference quality studio monitor is the ideal choice for any professional sound engineer or digital musician, ideal for mixing and mastering applications. Featuring a wide range of premium quality components, the Genelec 8040B is designed to offer the best audio fidelity and performance on the market. It also features rear-facing Tone controls for optimising the monitor to the space you use. Additionally the Genelec 8040B features a range of analog and digital inputs for optimal connectivity.
- Available in Dark Grey, White or a Special Edition Raw Aluminium Finish
- Wide flat frequency response - perfect for mixing and mastering
- Bi-amplified design for optimised audio performance
- Active crossover filters
- Complete with Iso-Pod base for de-coupling studio monitors from surfaces
- 90W bass amplifier and 90W treble amplifier
- Auto switching to standby saves power
- Curved edged enclosures reduces distortion
- Bass reflex port optimises low-end response
- Versatile mounting capabilities
- Tone controls on the rear panel for room correction
- Fully magnetically shielded
- Maximum sound pressure level: (SPL) 105 dB
- Frequency response (lower & upper limits) with input gain set to + 3db: 48 Hz - 20 kHz (± 2 dB)
- Frequency response (lower & upper limits) with input gain set to - 2db: 45 Hz - 21 kHz (-3 dB)
- Crossover frequency between high & lower frequency bands: 3.0 kHz
- Diameter of low/mid frequency: Bass 6.5"
- Diameter of high frequency driver: Treble 0.7", Metal dome + DCW
- Low/mid frequency power: 90 Watts
- High frequency power: + 90 Watts
- Dimensions: H x W x D, 365 x 237 x 223 mm, (with iso-pod rubberised mounting/isolation system)
- Unboxed Weight: 8.6 Kg (18.9 lb)
- Inputs: One balanced XLR line level input